|Junior Darius James and the Warriors head to Arcadia on Saturday.|
(Photo courtesy of Lycoming Sports Information)
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Coming off a win in which it held the lead for just the last five seconds, the 12th-ranked Lycoming College men’s basketball team will look to follow up its strong performance with another when it heads to Arcadia University for a MAC Commonwealth game on Saturday, Jan. 13, at Alumni Gym.
Freshman D’Yante Doughty scored a career-high 18 points while hitting two free throws with 4.8 seconds remaining and the Warriors (15-1 overall, 6-1 MAC Commonwealth) overcame a 14-point deficit in their 86-85 win over Albright, which is receiving votes in the D3hoops.com poll. SeniorChris Wallace also notched his first double-double of the season with 20 points and 10 rebounds.
Arcadia (8-7 overall, 3-3 MAC Commonwealth) outscored Lebanon Valley by 21 in the second half en route to a 94-82 win. Da’Kquan Davis (31 points) and Josh Scott (29) combined for 61 points in the win.
• Lycoming leads the MAC Commonwealth in scoring (83.9), scoring margin (12.6), steals per game (12.3), turnovers forced per game (22.3) and turnover margin (+6.25).
• Lycoming’s 16-game winning streak at home is tied for the second longest in Division III.
• Senior Alex Newbold will become just the 15th Warrior to play in 100 career games today.
• With 1,103 career points, senior Chris Wallace needs 15 more to pass Rasheed Campbell (1996-00) for 26th in program history.
• Wallace leads the MAC Commonwealth and is 34th in Division III in steals per game (2.4).
• With four more made 3-pointers, junior T.J. Duckett will tie Rasheed Campbell (1996-00) and Ihsaan Davis (2009-13) for 11th most in program history with 157.
• With three more steals, junior Darius James will reach 50 in his career.
• With six more rebounds, sophomore Ronald Jefferson will reach 100 in his career.